none
I am getting this error when I am trying to integrate Azure Diagnostic and send it's data to Application Insight. RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error. I am trying to integrate Azure Diagnostic and send it's data to Application Insight. I didn't find any solution regarding that. Please see the exception in attached image

Exception recorder in analytics:

EventName="InfrastructureLogsEvent" Message="Microsoft.Cis.Monitoring.Query.QueryException: ErrorFail at Microsoft.Cis.Monitoring.Query.QueryLocalTable..ctor(String TableName, String TablePath) at ApplicationInsightsExtension.MATableReader.ReadTableRecords(String tableName, String tablePath, DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime) at Microsoft.Azure.Plugins.Diagnostics.dll.MAStatusWriter.UpdateStatusReport(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)" ManagerTid="18" OrigTS="2018-08-14 18:41:57.460" TraceSource="Diagnostics"

EventName="InfrastructureLogsEvent" Message="Microsoft.Cis.Monitoring.Query.QueryException: ErrorFail at Microsoft.Cis.Monitoring.Query.QueryLocalTable..ctor(String TableName, String TablePath) at ApplicationInsightsExtension.MATableReader.ReadTableRecords(String tableName, String tablePath, DateTime startTime, DateTime endTime) at Microsoft.Azure.Plugins.Diagnostics.dll.MAStatusWriter.UpdateStatusReport(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)" ManagerTid="18" OrigTS="2018-08-14 18:41:57.460" TraceSource="Diagnostics"
    severityLevel
    itemType
    trace
    customDimensions
    {"EventId":"61468","DeploymentName":"deployment29(59)","ProviderGuid":"15d2502e-8793-435d-b9fa-87e67a7bba29","Pid":"18748","Tid":"16396"}
    operation_SyntheticSource
    AzureDiag_INF
    client_Type
    PC
    client_IP
    client_City
    XXXX
    client_StateOrProvince
    XXXX
    client_CountryOrRegion
    India
    cloud_RoleName
    XXXXXX
    cloud_RoleInstance
    deployment29(59).XXXX.YYY.ZZZZ
    appId
    XXXXX
    appName
    XXXXX
    iKey
    XXXXXX
    sdkVersion
    WAD2AI: 33.1.5.0
    itemId
    XXXXXX
    itemCount

Please help.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:47 PM

All replies

• Can you provide a bit more information about what triggers this error, and what your setup is?
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:55 PM
  • I have integrated Application insight and i have configured the Azure diagnostics in Worker Role by enable Diagnostic. along with this i have also check the checkbox of Send diagnostics data to Application Insights.

in storage account i have specify "UseDevelopmentStorage=true" . Do i have to create storage account and specify here? 

This is the snippet of app.config 

<system.diagnostics>
        <sources>
          <source name="MyApp" switchName="sourceSwitch" switchType="System.Diagnostics.SourceSwitch">
            <listeners>
              <add name="MyAppListner" type="System.Diagnostics.DefaultTraceListener">
                <filter type="System.Diagnostics.EventTypeFilter" initializeData="Error" />
              </add>
              <remove name="Default" />
            </listeners>
          </source>
        </sources>
        <switches>
          <add name="sourceSwitch" value="Error" />
        </switches>
      </system.diagnostics>

I am tracing the information as below:

var traceSource = new TraceSource("TraceInfoApp");

traceSource.TraceInformation("Processing Service Bus message: " + receivedMessage.SequenceNumber.ToString());

When i go to portal and see the Analytics then i see the above errors in portal. 

Please let me know what i have missed ?

• Edited by Mohit_ Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:25 PM
    Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:22 PM
  • Hi Mohit, 

Can you tell us more about how you've added Application Insights to your app?  Specifically,

Where/how is the app being monitored deployed (Azure, On-premise)?
    What type of App (VM, Web App, Cloud Service)?
    What SDK & Version (.NET/.NET Core/Java/Node.JS)?
    What instructions were used to instrument the app? (e.g. installed extension through portal)
    What is the instrumentation key and resource name?
    Add a copy of the ApplicationInsights.config being used (if available)
    Add a copy of packages.config being used (if available)
    Add a copy of web.config/app.config being used (if available, without any credentials)

Thank you.
    Dale

(dalek@microsoft.com)

Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:04 AM