none
Infopath cannot submit form to Sharepoint List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create an Infopath form to submit and change data in a Sharepoint Server List.  If I have the form submit to a Sharepoint Server Form Library, it works perfectly fine.  I followed the step-by-step instructions to submit a form to a list at the following: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/infopath/archive/2007/03/26/submitting-to-a-sharepoint-list.aspx

That guide's results is exactly what I would need.  The list comes out great in the Infopath form, however, when I try to test it and submit the form, I get an error.  If I preview and try to fill out the form from within Infopath (after publishing it), I log in as an administrator account that has Full Control permissions.  When I click the Submit button, the changes are reverted back to the way it was before!  If I click Submit in the Preview's Home tab, the form just closes and I'm not able to see any changes within the database list.

However, if I try submitting from a browser, I would get a warning error like below (after showing error details):

Warning

The form cannot be submitted because of an error.

Click OK to resume filling out the form.  You may want to check your form data for errors.

An error occurred while trying to connect to a Web service.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.

Log ID: 5567

Correlation ID:635e5d9c-20f5-10a9-d022-b92274809ed0

Why would the submitting work for Sharepoint form libraries but not for Sharepoint Lists?  I'm quite confused as this is a complicated process that should have been kept simple for users.  

Please help.  Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:12 AM

All replies

• Jason,

This doesn't appear to have anything to do with customizing or programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application, which is the exclusive focus of this forum. I suggest you delete this post and repost to a Sharepoint forum.

John

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:35 AM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.  There is no forum where I may ask a question regarding Microsoft Sharepoint and Infopath 2013.  I was unsure of which category to select.

Is there any other location where I may ask questions through forum discussions but am able to select the product/category that is relevant?

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:42 AM