design question RRS feed

• Question

• User2060565753 posted

with sql server as database. I am happy to select any thing from the microsoft stack

1) process starts with user click on website

2) depending on what selection has been made it may happen the backend team has to do some activity [which may involve 3rd party] [from days to week]

3) once decision is made user gets the thing he is looking for

What technology we can use and where

1) windows service

2) windows schedular 3) power shell 4) Sharepoint 5) sql Sp 6) iis with app fabric 7) biztalk 8) azure 9)workflow foundation 10) wcf 11)com+12)msmq

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:57 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

windows schedular 3) power shell 4) Sharepoint 5) sql Sp 6) iis with app fabric 7) biztalk 8) azure 9)workflow foundation 10) wcf 11)com+12)msmq

What exactly is your question? Do you want us to pick for you some of these technologies and say go for it?

Basically the one shoe fits all feet approach is not the way to go. Take a look at the requirements of an application and decide based on those which technologies you want to make use of. Sometimes a simple console application is the best approach. Sometimes you'll need a full chain of services like BizzTalk or SharePoint or something else.

Grz, Kris.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:32 AM
  • User2060565753 posted

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/service-bus-dotnet-how-to-use-queues/

if i compare this to wcf call back feature..which one is preferred?

so if u see requirement..as soon as data is available wcf can call back client...

which is better MSMQ/service bus/wcf call back? or any other thing like biztalk call back .

which is better and why

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:42 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

which is better MSMQ/service bus/wcf call back? or any other thing like biztalk call back

Again it depens on your situation and what works for your application and infrastructure and maintenance costs. In such cases make small proof of concepts, see which one fits best.

If I ask you to choose between the colors green, yellow or blue. You select one. Then it turns out to be the question was: give one of the colors of the flag of Switzerland which consists of white and red...

which is better and why

As I said before, it depends on the situation. I can say service bus but in the end it might turn out that msmq was the better choice in your case.

Grz, Kris.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:55 AM