DiabeticProfile RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can't find a field in DiabeticProfile, that I can use to   store type of Diabetes (example type 1, 2, 3).

Didn't find such keys in Vocabulary. Is there an existant field that I need to use to store this information, may be there is other class that I need to use?

What information one will store in a DiabeticProfile.CommonData and what in DiabeticProfile.Sections (OtherData).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 9:17 PM

Answers

• hi there :

Here is an example of how you would use CommonData section (assuming conditionThing as a HealthRecordItem of type Condition):

conditionThing.CommonData.Source = "HealthApplication Foo";
    conditionThing.CommonData.Note = "Additional note for condition";

Documentation for CommonData is at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd123629.aspx

Now, with regards to Section OtherData, you can get/ set elements for OtherData following way:

conditionThing.OtherData.Data = "Other Data for Condition";

You can find an example of how to upload a file as OtherData here: http://blogs.msdn.com/ericgu/archive/2008/02/13/uploading-a-file-to-healthvault.aspx

To retrive other sections you can use the following:
    Code Snippet

HealthRecordFilter filter = new HealthRecordFilter( Condition.TypeId);       

filter.View.Sections = HealthRecordItemSections.OtherData | HealthRecordItemSections.Core;

Also with regards to Vocabulary for "Diabetes" SNOMED has licensing restrictions owing to which we cant  post it as our Vocabulary, you might be able to find something in LOINC.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    Vaibhav

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:53 PM

All replies

• hi there:

You could store the Diabete type information in "Condition" data type:
    http://developer.healthvault.com/types/type.aspx?id=7ea7a1f9-880b-4bd4-b593-f5660f20eda8

However as far i know we dont currently have a vocabulary "Diabetes Type 1"  currently.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 12:51 AM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll look into Condition.

Can you please give me an example for the 2 part of my question:

What kind of information one will store in a DiabeticProfile.CommonData and what in DiabeticProfile.Sections (OtherData).

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:27 PM
  • The CommonData can store information like notes, source, and extensions for this particular data element.

While Sections are predefined and OtherData typically contains a file attachments, bulkier data (such as samples).

Hope this helps.

regards,

Vaibhav

Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:58 PM
  • OK I guess I have Diagnoses Dyabetes , than Type is Type2, Data of Diagnosis 12/5/87

1)  If I need to set properties of Condition
    Condition.Name = "Diabetes";
    where I need to store Type, Date of Diagnosis.

2) Also Condition.Name is CodableValue,
    I checked Dictionary , i found "Diabetes" in "medical-specialities", "family-history".
    Which one is better to use?

3) If you can give an example of Section use it will be greatly appreciated.

Monday, December 8, 2008 11:13 PM

• Try the "Snomed conditions" vocabulary (It has 70,000 + conditions listed).

Or try the smaller "SnomedConditions - Filtered"

To see all vocabularies, you can visit

https://xray.getrealconsulting.com/PPE/VocabularyList.aspx

Let me know if this helps
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:31 AM
  •  

Thanks !

I found different types of Diabetes in "SnomedConditions-Filtered:" Didn't find : Diabetes Type1, Diabetes Type 2 .

And also, I would really appreciate if somebody can help me with question 1) , and 3)

Thanks in advance!!!!
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:50 PM

• hi there :

Here is an example of how you would use CommonData section (assuming conditionThing as a HealthRecordItem of type Condition):

conditionThing.CommonData.Source = "HealthApplication Foo";
    conditionThing.CommonData.Note = "Additional note for condition";

Documentation for CommonData is at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd123629.aspx

Now, with regards to Section OtherData, you can get/ set elements for OtherData following way:

conditionThing.OtherData.Data = "Other Data for Condition";

You can find an example of how to upload a file as OtherData here: http://blogs.msdn.com/ericgu/archive/2008/02/13/uploading-a-file-to-healthvault.aspx

To retrive other sections you can use the following:
    Code Snippet

HealthRecordFilter filter = new HealthRecordFilter( Condition.TypeId);       

filter.View.Sections = HealthRecordItemSections.OtherData | HealthRecordItemSections.Core;

Also with regards to Vocabulary for "Diabetes" SNOMED has licensing restrictions owing to which we cant  post it as our Vocabulary, you might be able to find something in LOINC.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    Vaibhav

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:53 PM
  • Thanks a lot!

I guess the only question  I still didn't get a feel for:

If I need to store following information in  Condition object:

Name = "Diabetes";
    Type = Type2
    Should I store it in a CommonData.Note,
     or it is better to write an Extension for Condition?

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:22 PM
  • hi there -

Just is rule of thump - if its structured data which other apps can use if they know the format then you should store it in an Extension, if its supplemental data (like an unstructured document, image etx) store it in Other day, if its something related to the data and application in general (like comments, ) then store it in Common Data.

The above look like structured data then i its should be stored in Extension.

Having said that..

Above data (type of diabetes) is not something which will need an extension. Our vocbulary currently might not have it, but you can code it yourself using ICD 9 code 250.92 or if you have license to SNOMED use that. Also please file a request to add ICD 9 Diagnosis vocabulary to our vocabularies on the data types forum (I'm filling it internally as well).

Hope this helps.

regards,

Vaibhav

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:22 PM
  • >>Our vocbulary currently might not have it, but you can code it yourself using ICD 9 code 250.92

Can you please clarify?
    Should I add a new CodableValue ?
    What is ICD 9 code 250.92?
    Friday, December 12, 2008 10:51 PM