Background uploader/downloader will not start in the windows metro style app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When developing metro style app, I encounter a problem about background uploader/downloader.

The situation is that when I upload files by background uploader/downloader, uploader/downloader will never start sometimes.

When I enumerate background uploader/downloader like the windows 8 metro style app sample, I found there is always a "Running" background uploader/downloader and can not be canceled.

Does anyone encounter this situation, too?

How do I solve this problem?

Any comment is appreciated.

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:24 AM

All replies

• You will have to share an application that reproduces this problem.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:35 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Because that this problem does not appear very often and this application is belong to my company, can I provide another information like debug messages or something like that?

If the answer is "yes",  please tell me what you want to add and to which part of background uploader/downloader.

Thanks a lot for your will to help.

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:15 AM
  • I don't have much I can do for you via the forums.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:01 PM