none
Sharepoint designer 2013 : retreive workflow actors from the field of a list

Question

• Hi, I'm new to Sharepoint,

In my website, I have two list :
     - Projects
     - Actions
    (Both "inherits" of the basic "Item" with a "Title" column)

Every action is attached to a project (it has a field "Project")

In Projects, I have a field "managers" wich is a person or a group field that I want to be in charge of doing certain stuff in my Actions

So, what I do in my actions' workflow is :
    - Define variable "project" of type "List Item Id" that I retreive from the current element's project
    - Define variable "managers" of type "List Item Id" that I retreive from the data source "Projects" -> Field "ID" as "List Item Id" by searching the element with "ID" matching my variable "Project".
    - I then want to assign the action to my manager group (but the problem happens before that. I might still need help with it depending on the type of data I end up storing in "managers").

I tried printing both of my variables.
    project comes out as "[project_Id];#[Project_Title]" wich is fine I guess (?) but then printing managers comes out as an empty string.

What am I doing wrong?

• Edited by Zelarith Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:33 AM

Answers

• Okay, I ended up removing the "List Item Id" type and simply pick "Integer" (since I just wanted an ID).
    It did most of what I wanted.

Then for the mailing part, instead of trying to pass a variable containing the ID of the user group, I retreived the managers' group from the "Project" data source, filtering the result by Project having the same ID as ProjectID.

• Marked as answer by Zelarith Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:53 PM

All replies