none
Message Logging with sqlBinding RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to setup Message Logging for messages that are received by BizTalk receive locations using WCF-SQL adapter or WCF-Custom with sqlBindings. What I observed is that if I set logMessagesAtTransportLevel="true" and logMessagesAtServiceLevel="false", no messages are logged. If I set logMessagesAtServiceLevel="true" I have a log entry, but the message body is not displayed: <s:Body>...</s:Body>. I can't figure out how to log message bodies when using sqlBinding. Is it even possible? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for this? Thanks.

Dmitriy

Friday, January 30, 2015 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

logEntireMessage that specifies whether the entire message (message header and body) is logged. The default is false, which means that only the message header is logged. This setting affects all message logging levels (service, transport, and malformed).

For this scenario, you could try to set the logEntireMessage="true".

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731308(v=vs.110).aspx

Regards

Monday, February 2, 2015 6:04 AM
  • Thanks for your suggestion. I do have logEntireMessage set to true. In fact, exactly the same logging configuration works fine for basicHttpBinding and wsHttpBinding, but for sqlBinding I don't see the message body, but see this instead: <s:Body>...</s:Body>.

Monday, February 2, 2015 5:05 PM