none
Online file storage for loading images. RRS feed

• Question

•   Where's the no hassle, free, online file storage with simple links for small basic to load files from?

I'm back after 4 years of being distracted from the small basic environment. I have a couple of games from the old days on the gallery and noticed they don't work due to broken links to the images. Soda Pop Showdown and Invaders from my old profile. These work if images are loaded locally but I need a new online file server for loading the images. I tried Onedrive, Google, and GitHub. The file links are weird and encoded and things aren't coming together for me. I got it to run on my machine okay but not when I publish and run it though the gallery. I noticed another program using http://smallbasic.com/drop/*.* any chance of loading my small basic related file there? I would like to make the old programs work and then publish a couple of new games after I get images working reliably. Thanks Guys.

• Edited by Protokluge Monday, March 14, 2016 4:17 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 3:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Welcome back JKrueg!! I was wondering where you got too!

So what I use for most of my files is Mediafire. It works unless you need to have transparency on your images.

Some people upload them here, but that doesn't seem very efficient. So I suppose some other user is going to have to answer your question. 

Good to see you back!

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Monday, March 14, 2016 4:34 PM
    Answerer
  • I would use one of the many free web hosting sites and ftp the files you want there.  I've found the file drop box type sites a bit of a pain for images or anything you want a web url for.
    Monday, March 14, 2016 7:01 PM
  • I ran into problems with some of the free hosts. They deployed a security feature that ended up breaking the uri. To get around that you can register a domain name for $20 pa. If the link breaks you can find another free host and then re point your domain name.
    Monday, March 14, 2016 10:31 PM
  • me too I confronted the same problem, find a place on the web for storing the images and sounds of one of my small basic programs to share it with you. !

exemple i have wrote and animation program of clouds and waters with real photos.

With my tripod and my Nikon camera i took a hundred photos each separate by 10 secondes. of a summer day with clouds moving in the sky.then i wrote a routine with small basic to load those images one after the other so rapidly that we see in real time couds moving.

it's amazing the effect that it gives in small basic.

More : i have had a personnal creative surrealist touch: moving spheress which fly in the sky, with unknow trajectory , using image shape, move , ect...

here is a screen capture of my program, a very nice animation.

But it contains so many images  and a sound track in .wav that i have compose. ( new age genre )

that I can't share it with you, but I'd like to do. !!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:13 AM
    Answerer
  • I jumped onto the web server at work, problem solved.
    • Marked as answer by Protokluge Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:55 AM