in silverlight client, how to do spell checking for textboxes in a datagrid/collection? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to enable spell-checking on the textboxes in a particular column of a datagrid (bound to a visual collection).

I've found a couple of third-party options that will work if I can pass in the actual TextBox controls to them, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the actual textboxes after I have a reference to the DataGrid (getting that via FindControl then the ControlAvailable event handler).

I need it to be/stay a 'regular' textbox, not a rich textbox.  I tried using VisualTreeHelper to get the tree of objects under the DataGrid, but it didn't seem to be able to find them (only returning 2 Border instances for children).

I also tried looking for existing controls that had spell-checking for textboxes (since just changing the control from 'TextBox' to 'Spellchecking TextBox' in the lightswitch designer would be awesome), but couldn't find any such extension.

Thanks!

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:28 PM

All replies