Sending Http 200 Ok Message RRS feed

• Question

• User-2061547812 posted

Hi friends,

We deal with a livescore feed company for getting live sport events (like www.livescore.com)

They send every event with post method and we can get every event succesfully. But they send same event again and again until they get a Http 200 Ok message. They told us that they can't get 200 message from us.

I think this is related with IIS and we may set some settings in IIS-6 or should i send this 200 response programmatically?

Regards.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers

• User1780617021 posted

You must not be sending anything back to them as a response.  I think if you send anything back to them in a response header it should resolve to a 200.

I used to just send "200" back in the response, although you could probably send a space and it would work also.

good luck!

ssk

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:06 PM

All replies

• User1780617021 posted

You must not be sending anything back to them as a response.  I think if you send anything back to them in a response header it should resolve to a 200.

I used to just send "200" back in the response, although you could probably send a space and it would work also.

good luck!

ssk

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:06 PM
  • User1456992199 posted

I have the same problem too . I don't understand something, how this response come 200 ? or how do i make it be 200 ? do you have an example please?
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:42 AM
  • User1780617021 posted

Actually, it is much simplier than that.  The 200 response is included in the response back to the browser from the server.  The web server willl assemble that information when it sends the response back to the client browser.

The only reason I said send a "200" was just to put some non space character that I could see.  Given that you have a well formed page otherwise, the following will result in a http 200 coming back to the client:

response.write("200",true)

response.write("Lucy",true)

response.write("Desi", true)

Fred and Ethyl will also work.   The point is just send some data back to the client. 

good luck! ssk

The usual issue is that people receive the data from the client in the server, then they forget to send back a response to the client on a post.  

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 8:56 AM
  • User1780617021 posted

One other addendum to this.  In the example, the service is sending data to him.  In other words, the livescore service is acting like a browser client programmatically.  They are assembling a HTTP Post and connecting to your server.

Your side is acting like a web server.  In effect, it needs to talk back to the service like it was a browser.  Their programming wants to receive the http 200 so they know it is OK.  In other words, they want the ACK so they know it can continue processing something else.

more good luck!

ssk

Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:00 AM