none
Window Service installed but EndPointNotFoundException was caught RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Colleagues,

I am struggling to get out from this exception. I don't know why it is thrown always. My service( server) installed correctly from insaller and it is running in the background. But server has exposed the end points in a way :

<endpoint address="net.tcp://localhost:8732/PlcInputService/" binding="netTcpBinding" bindingConfiguration="VbgServiceBinding" contract="Eplusv.Vbg.InfoViewer.VbgService.IPlcInputService" name="PlcInputServiceEndpoint" kind="" endpointConfiguration="" />
    <endpoint address="net.tcp://localhost:8732/CameraService/" binding="netTcpBinding" bindingConfiguration="VbgServiceBinding" contract="Eplusv.Vbg.InfoViewer.VbgService.ICameraService" name="CameraServiceEndpoint" kind="" endpointConfiguration="" />
    <endpoint address="net.tcp://localhost:8732/PanelService/" binding="netTcpBinding" bindingConfiguration="VbgServiceBinding" contract="Eplusv.Vbg.InfoViewer.VbgService.IPanelService" name="PanelServiceEndpoint" kind="" endpointConfiguration="" />

But as soon as I send test data after opening the service, to the very first end point exposed by server. it throws the following exception

There was no at net.tcp://localhost:8732/PlcInputService a listening endpoint available that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. For more details, see "InnerException", if any.

while my app.config for this service is :

<system.serviceModel>
    <diagnostics>
      <messageLogging logMalformedMessages="true" logMessagesAtServiceLevel="true" logMessagesAtTransportLevel="true" />
      <endToEndTracing propagateActivity="true" activityTracing="true" messageFlowTracing="true" />   
    </diagnostics>
    <behaviors>
      <serviceBehaviors>
        <behavior>
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
        </behavior>
      </serviceBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
    <bindings configSource="bindings.config" />
    <services configSource="services.config" />

bindings.config containing the binding for service and services.config containing the same endpoints which i mentioned above.

I have no idea why it is occuring and how to get around from it.

Regards Usman

Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I see that you have used the port number 8732 for the three endpoints address, maybe you can try to use three different port mumbers. Because for TCP it will allow one port number for one process at the same time. Also please try to check that the firewall allows the connection.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 6, 2014 9:33 AM
  • http://www.tcp-udp-ports.com/port-8732.htm

I don't know maybe more than one application is using the port.

Friday, June 6, 2014 5:39 PM

All replies

• I would say that it's the client and the client-side config that is the problem where the client program whatever that is does not have the config information in its config file at runtime.  There are two config files invloved here, which is the one on the client-side and the one on the service-side. If client has no config information or it's wrong, you and can get the same type of an error message of "the endpoint cannot be found".

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:28 PM
  • I have seen. Endpoints are configured properly for client as well.

Client is just a monitor service which shows the input sent towards server side. 

These all services are running in the server locally on my machine. But the client which has to talk on 8732 port with the service, for this data is coming from IO Port of the PC. This IO Port is connected with seperate PLC which is sending the data pulses to it.

Now this client ( WPF GUI) send the test pulses ( input data ) to MonitorService and in turn MonitorService test these pulses as input to actual PlcService. 

At first as soon as connection establish between server and client, everything is fine.

but then afterwards when it starts to send the data, it throws "EndPointNotFound Exception".

Regards

Friday, June 6, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

I see that you have used the port number 8732 for the three endpoints address, maybe you can try to use three different port mumbers. Because for TCP it will allow one port number for one process at the same time. Also please try to check that the firewall allows the connection.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 6, 2014 9:33 AM
  • http://www.tcp-udp-ports.com/port-8732.htm

I don't know maybe more than one application is using the port.

Friday, June 6, 2014 5:39 PM