none
Import - Reusable workflow deploy to uat environment ; editing task form getting error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have requirement to create simple approval workflow as  SharePoint designer is disabled on production.

I thought to create reusable workflow and deploy it as wsp in prod environment.

as part of this experiment I created  reusable designer workflow in dev environment  tested working  fine.

Action used in designer workflow is (start approval process on current item with these users)
    saved workflow as template which gives me workflow1.wsp

In order to test :

deployed workflow to UAT environment and activated the features :

1) Workflow triggered sucesfully

2) task assigned to the user

3) when user tries to open the task

getting following error

No webpage was found for the web address: /_layouts/15/WorkflowImportProject3/Please%20approve%20OE%20formFT?List=ea06bf2e-59ea-44be-a418-b6e5263ca701&ID=13&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fctnh%2Fsites%2FDistribution-Americas%2FLists%2FTasks%2FAllItems%2Easpx&ContentTypeId=0x0108010042E3E3148C044369A8F44960A98F4A90005A9EB1868908A7489EBC2AFA08DC01BA

could you please help me what went wrong

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So, you’re using SharePoint 2010 workflow in SharePoint 2013?

I tested in my environment and it works fine.

Here are detail steps:

Create workflow.

Test:

Export and add to another farm:

Active feature and create a SharePoint group ‘Team Owners’ in test site of new farm.

I noticed that the error page you mentioned is different with my task form URL. So, could you provide details for your solution?

/_layouts/15/WorkflowImportProject3/Please%20approve%20OE%20formFT

Here is one thread for your reference.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/allengeorge/2013/04/17/move-copy-a-designer-reusable-workflow-to-a-new-site-farm/

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by ppatil12 Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:48 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So, you’re using SharePoint 2010 workflow in SharePoint 2013?

I tested in my environment and it works fine.

Here are detail steps:

Create workflow.

Test:

Export and add to another farm:

Active feature and create a SharePoint group ‘Team Owners’ in test site of new farm.

I noticed that the error page you mentioned is different with my task form URL. So, could you provide details for your solution?

/_layouts/15/WorkflowImportProject3/Please%20approve%20OE%20formFT

Here is one thread for your reference.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/allengeorge/2013/04/17/move-copy-a-designer-reusable-workflow-to-a-new-site-farm/

Best Regards,

Lee

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by ppatil12 Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:48 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

You don’t need to convert the wsp solution to Visual studio solution.

You could upload the wsp solution to farm by command:

And then deploy the lolution in CA(System settings->Manage farm solutions):

Active the feature in the site which you want to use the workflow(site settings->Manage site features).

You could try this.

Best Regards,

Lee

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:09 AM
  • Hi Patil,

Please check the associated Task list has contributed and aproval access to the users which you are using to create the task. 

Hope this help.

Vote - if you find this helpful

Marked as Answer - if you see this reply being an answer to the question of the thread

Regards,

Amjad Khan

Blog: https://amjadk.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

Have your issue got solved? If you have fixed that, you could mark the helpful post as answer, so it may help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Best Regards,

Lee

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:07 AM