App.xaml not refreshing when not visibly open RRS feed

• Question

• I typically switch back and forth between VS.NET 2008 and Expression Blend 3 when working on a Silverlight 3 project.  I have quite a few templated custom controls so I'm often working on resources in app.xaml and generic.xaml.  Usually, after modifying a file in VS.NET and switching back to Blend, I am prompted that the file(s) have been modified and I am prompted to reload said files.  Unfortunately, sometimes this prompting does not happen for one or both of the mentioned files.  I suspect that this may be related to the fact that these files are sometimes implicitly loaded in the background, as opposed to being explicitly opened.  
    This is more of an error report than a question, so please redirect me if this is not the proper place to submit this.

Best,

--
    Nathan Allan
    Database Consulting Group
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Nathan,
                      Blend only prompts you to re-load a document if it is currently open in Blend otherwise it will be re-loaded silently. If App.xaml / Generic.xaml is open in Blend and still it doesn't prompt to re-load these documents on modification in VS, then its a bug and we would like to know the repro steps for it.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:10 AM