none
Can't download from storage accounts?

Question

• I've been using blob storage accounts to backup and restore databases for the past couple of months. Late this morning it does not seem to work. I can view my blobs using the Azure Storage Explorer, but I cannot download them. It just hangs and no data is transfered.

However, I can download the files from the management portal without a problem.

This is very strange as I have been using storage blobs successfully for the last couple years...and now I can't download them?

EDIT:

I also cannot access the blobs using the URL provided in the management portal. When I try to do this, I get "The specified resource does not exist".

Sunday, September 27, 2015 6:52 PM

Answers

• When you say you can not access the blobs using the URL provided in the management portal, what is the security level of the container the blobs reside in? If the container is private, you can see the blobs in the portal, but clicking Download does nothing. If they are private, a URL would require an SAS token to retrieve a blob in the container.

You can see the container security level in the management portal (manage.windowsazure.com) if you go to storage, select the storage account, then click on containers. From here, edit the container, and it will show the access level.

If the access level is Private, the blobs are private and require an SAS token. If the access level is Public Blob or Public Container, you should be able to click on one of them and view them.

Robin

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you try Azure PowerShell to see if the Azure Storage Account is listed?

Use this command - Get-AzureStorageAccount [[-StorageAccountName] <String> ] [ <CommonParameters>]

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn495134.aspx

Also make sure the container permissions were not changed.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Monday, September 28, 2015 11:17 AM
  • When you say you can not access the blobs using the URL provided in the management portal, what is the security level of the container the blobs reside in? If the container is private, you can see the blobs in the portal, but clicking Download does nothing. If they are private, a URL would require an SAS token to retrieve a blob in the container.

You can see the container security level in the management portal (manage.windowsazure.com) if you go to storage, select the storage account, then click on containers. From here, edit the container, and it will show the access level.

If the access level is Private, the blobs are private and require an SAS token. If the access level is Public Blob or Public Container, you should be able to click on one of them and view them.

Robin

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:00 AM