Windows Phone - Feature app description RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I've uploaded some WP7 apps. I also searched for keywords like "Feature app description" but found tons of results which does not rely on my question about:

How to enter the list of "Feature app description" in AppHub for Marketplace?

Regards

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:11 AM

Answers

• You are interpreting the definition incorrectly which is easily done. 'Featured app description' is not for a list of your applications features, it is a very short editorial description for the Zune / App Marketplace 'Featured apps' functionality.

What you see in other apps is part of the 'Detailed description' nicely formatted.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:31 AM

All replies

• Are you using Bing Visual Search WP7, Zune, Marketplace on the phone or other? Which location are you in (en-US, en-GB, ...) ?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Hi

I am from Switzerland. Normally it is "de-ch" but I've never seen such a selection to do.  The only selection of language I can do is when submitting the app, I can select in which country/language. I select "English" there.

"Visual Search WP7, Zune, Marketplace" is only for finding something, is it not? I am looking to enter description in "AppHub when submitting my new app". There the header is called "Feature app description".

Regards

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:33 AM
  • Sorry, I did  not understand first time.

If you look in Zune or on a WP7 device the Marketplace place shows featured apps. They come with an additional but very short editorial which is "Feature app description". If you app is ever chosen as a featured app it will show up then. Some 3rd party ap hubs show it.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:19 AM
  • I re-read my question. I agree it was not detailed asked.

You say now, I am not able to submit my feature description? I cannot believe.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:35 AM
  • You can and really should provide the 'Featured app description', it is just that it does not yet show everywhere yet.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:01 AM
  • I do not understand how to "input". I only have about 12 characters. What to enter? I can make a list of about 6 points with each row about 20 characters. Also seen in other apps. But how did the enter their description?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:25 AM
  • You are interpreting the definition incorrectly which is easily done. 'Featured app description' is not for a list of your applications features, it is a very short editorial description for the Zune / App Marketplace 'Featured apps' functionality.

What you see in other apps is part of the 'Detailed description' nicely formatted.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Thanks

That could be the reason!

Cool

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:14 AM