none
Error on deploying printer driver on target machine RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to deploy v4 printer driver through visual studio 2013 on test machine. I have set package properties in driver install (deployment option) but following error is shown 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\build\x64\ImportAfter\DriverDeployment.targets(69,9): error : Printer model name must be supplied for printer driver deployment.  The model name must be supplied on the DriverInstall->Deployment property page.

Thank you.

Friday, February 14, 2014 9:36 AM

Answers

• If you are deploying a printer driver using the "Install and Verify" option, you need to provide the model that should be targeted for your printer driver install. I believe this should simply be the name of the printer (it's device ID) to use with your driver. Basically, you need the same name that you would use as the driver name when calling InstallPrinterDriverFromPackage.

This printer model name must be entered in the Deployment property page of your driver package project, in the "Optional Arguments" section under the "Install and Verify" option.

Max -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:50 AM