Can we know if a server is web server RRS feed

• Question

• User181046474 posted
    I need to find out which particular servers are web servers. Though this can be evaluvated if it has IIS or not, but I specifically want to have something like some special process or task that runs if a server is acting as a web server. I basically want to know, if there is someway to know that and can I use that command or find that process by scripting. Please let me know, if such a thing exists and in case more clarification on my part is required.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 1:51 PM

Answers

• User-75227868 posted

If IIS Web Server is running on a machine, it will have a service named "W3SVC" in running state. That should give you an indication that the machine is running as a web server.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 2:08 PM

All replies

• User-75227868 posted

If IIS Web Server is running on a machine, it will have a service named "W3SVC" in running state. That should give you an indication that the machine is running as a web server.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 2:08 PM
  • User-1408215526 posted

Its dependens of the addtions installed on your server:

How: IIS, ASP.Net, WSS(Windows SharePoint Services) or another optional additions in the Windows 2003 Server, this can be added in the first installation or can be added later.

A way to check can be open the Option "Manage You Server" and you see the preconfigured options is for a Web Server.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:46 PM