none
Unrecognised Database Format Access 2010-2007 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All

I have a strange situation going on here.

I have been working between home and office on project.

At office is Access 2010, at home is 2007.  I have not had compatibility problems before switching between Access versions.  All of a sudden I get "unrecognised database format" when I try to open the database in 2007, but the same file opens fine in 2010.

The means of "sharing" the file that I have tried is via email and also cloud transfer.

Anyone know what's occurring please?

Thanks

Phil

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Although both versions use the same file format, 2010 includes new features that 2007 cannot recognize. Once any of those features is introduced in the database design, intentionally or accidentally, you will start to get that error message. For example, you may have used a Layout (Stacked or Tabular) and deleted one of the controls, leaving the cell empty. That could cause the same problem. Take a look at this page for some other possible causes of the problem. Hope that helps...

Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:37 PM
  • Thanks DB Guy

As I am currently doing rework on my DB it is highly likely I've got an empty cell with vb code behind it.

Suspect that once it's all working properly it will open in 2007 again.

Phil

Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:53 PM
  • Hi Phil. That's possible but not guaranteed. I can't remember off hand how to revert back, but I'll let you know if I come across it again. Are you not able to upgrade to 2010? How about using a Virtual Machine? Just curious...
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:02 PM
  • Just FYI to all readers who may be following this post, I believe this other thread is a continuation of this discussion.

Cheers!

Monday, December 14, 2015 3:57 PM