TFS2010 to TFS2012 Migration Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

I am also getting same errors while upgrading the TFS. Here I would like to clear all scenarios.

I have TFS2010 on one server machine. The old admin user has installed it and configure the TFS2010 with SharePoint Services 3.0 which is deployed on another machine. Now the SharePoint Services 3.0 machine is lost and I am unable to open the TFS 2010 team project portal and I am also unable to open/configure a share point site for any new team project created. Now I want to upgrade TFS2010 to TFS2012.

I have installed SQL Server 2012 and restored all the TFS2010 Databases i.e. "Tfs_DefaultCollection,Tfs_Warehouse, Tfs_Configuration ". Then I installed the share Point Server 2013 on server machine. then I installed the TFS2012 and choose the Upgrade option. After the successful upgrade ,  I verify the all source control data and it was okay. But when I try to access the project portal of team project I am unable to access. Secondly, I try to create the new team project but I am unable to create due to SharePoint server issue. I got the following errors. If any body know the complete steps about to migration of TFS2010 to TFS2012 with SharePoint 2013 & SQL Server 2012, please share the URL link or documents here. Also read the given below errors and let me know the solutions of them. Please also let me know that in my case how can I configure SharePoint 2013 with TFS2012 after migration while TFS2010 have no SharePoint running services.

Errors are:

TF400657: Team Foundation Server collections are configured to use multiple SharePoint applications.  You must choose either the "Use current SharePoint Settings" option or disable SharePoint integration.  Afterwards you can use the Administration Console to change SharePoint mappings.

TF255142: Windows Firewall is not enabled. If you enable Windows Firewall after configuring Team Foundation Server, you must add exceptions for ports used by Team Foundation Server to Windows Firewall.

Enabling legacy trace logging for SharePoint. Upon completion of installation or upgrade, legacy trace logging will be returned to its original status.

TF400431 : We were unable to connect to the SharePoint site: http://MachineName:8000/.  While you may continue with the upgrade, there will be manual configuration steps required to use Team Foundation Server with this SharePoint site in the future.  It is recommended that you correct this SharePoint issue before continuing. See the configuration log for additional details that may assist in troubleshooting the problem.

To configure the new features for a team project, follow the steps in http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=229859

TF255450: The notification URL for this instance of Team Foundation Server is http://ServerName:8080/tfs and might need to be updated. You can modify the notification URL in the Team Foundation Administration Console by using the Change URLs command.

Firewall exception added for port 8080

TF400414: SharePoint templates were not uploaded because the retained SharePoint settings point to a remote machine.  Ensure SharePoint Extensions are installed on the remote machine.

Thanks.

Software Configuration Manager

Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:58 AM

Answers

• hi mwaseemalvi

I have TFS2010 on one server machine. The old admin user has installed it and configure the TFS2010 with SharePoint Services 3.0 which is deployed on another machine. Now the SharePoint Services 3.0 machine is lost and I am unable to open the TFS 2010 team project portal and I am also unable to open/configure a share point site for any new team project created. Now I want to upgrade TFS2010 to TFS2012.

do you need to migrate an old backup of the Sharepoint content DB or can you just threw it away?

I have installed SQL Server 2012 and restored all the TFS2010 Databases i.e. "Tfs_DefaultCollection,Tfs_Warehouse, Tfs_Configuration ".

why did you restore all old TFS databases and did not start with a fresh TFS 2012 / 2013 with correct Sharepoint installation and just migrate the TFS 2010 Team Collections one by one ? (many of your issues below would be gone automatically.

Then I installed the share Point Server 2013 on server machine. then I installed the TFS2012 and choose the Upgrade option. After the successful upgrade ,  I verify the all source control data and it was okay. But when I try to access the project portal of team project I am unable to access. Secondly, I try to create the new team project but I am unable to create due to SharePoint server issue. I got the following errors. If any body know the complete steps about to migration of TFS2010 to TFS2012 with SharePoint 2013 & SQL Server 2012, please share the URL link or documents here. Also read the given below errors and let me know the solutions of them. Please also let me know that in my case how can I configure SharePoint 2013 with TFS2012 after migration while TFS2010 have no SharePoint running services.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Edited by Daniel_Steiner Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, April 14, 2014 4:45 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:57 AM
  • Hi mwaseemalvi,

Before upgrading your TFS

1. Open TFS Administration console and Click on Host Name

2. Click Remove feature and Select "Extensions of sharepoint products" from drop down and click OK.

Then you can move ahead with the fresh Sharepoint 2013 Installation with TFS 2012 Upgrade.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, April 14, 2014 4:46 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:29 PM

All replies

• here's a listing with the question in various forums, please answer them only in this thread to keep the discussion in a single thread

Migration of TFS2010 into TFS2012 Issues  (thread deleted by moderator)

TFS2010 to TFS2012 Upgradation Issues  (thread deleted by moderator)

Upgradation from TFS2010 to TFS2012

TFS2010 to TFS2012 upgrade and migrate at the same time

TFS2012 Upgrade Issues   (thread deleted by moderator)

• Edited by Daniel_Steiner Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:21 PM deleted thread marked
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:37 AM
  • hi mwaseemalvi

do you need to migrate an old backup of the Sharepoint content DB or can you just threw it away?

I have installed SQL Server 2012 and restored all the TFS2010 Databases i.e. "Tfs_DefaultCollection,Tfs_Warehouse, Tfs_Configuration ".

why did you restore all old TFS databases and did not start with a fresh TFS 2012 / 2013 with correct Sharepoint installation and just migrate the TFS 2010 Team Collections one by one ? (many of your issues below would be gone automatically.

Then I installed the share Point Server 2013 on server machine. then I installed the TFS2012 and choose the Upgrade option. After the successful upgrade ,  I verify the all source control data and it was okay. But when I try to access the project portal of team project I am unable to access. Secondly, I try to create the new team project but I am unable to create due to SharePoint server issue. I got the following errors. If any body know the complete steps about to migration of TFS2010 to TFS2012 with SharePoint 2013 & SQL Server 2012, please share the URL link or documents here. Also read the given below errors and let me know the solutions of them. Please also let me know that in my case how can I configure SharePoint 2013 with TFS2012 after migration while TFS2010 have no SharePoint running services.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

• Edited by Daniel_Steiner Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, April 14, 2014 4:45 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:57 AM
  • Hi mwaseemalvi,

Before upgrading your TFS

1. Open TFS Administration console and Click on Host Name

2. Click Remove feature and Select "Extensions of sharepoint products" from drop down and click OK.

Then you can move ahead with the fresh Sharepoint 2013 Installation with TFS 2012 Upgrade.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, April 14, 2014 4:46 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:29 PM