Application Cache support in WebView in Windows8.1

Question

• Is Application Cache (a html5 feature) supported in the WebView ?

The requirement is to have access the the same js,images,css files when the network connection is not available.

Right now this feature does not seem to be there.  window.applicationCache  in undefined. 

Thanks

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:53 AM

All replies

• Not as far as I know, but have you tested cache manifest?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache_manifest_in_HTML5

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:50 PM
  • Yes that is what i was asking about. I have a Web Application which uses Cache Manifest and its offline capabilities. I want use the same in the WebView as a Window Store App and use it even when the network connection is unavailable. Is this Cache manifest feature supported in WebView?

Thanks

• Edited by QueryAcc Friday, February 28, 2014 3:52 PM
    Friday, February 28, 2014 3:52 PM
  • I don't know offhand and haven't found any references either way. Can you test it?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:26 PM
  • I have tested the same and window.applicationCache is undefined in the webview and doesn't work. Since this is a prominent HTML5 feature will this be supported in the future or is there any other mechanism by which this functionality(accessing the same file when the network connection is not available) can be achieved 
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Is there a reason that you can't incorporate this directly into the app itself?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:52 PM