VS 2013 Application.Server.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I've been working on a LightSwitch application for a few weeks and everything has gone great, after some speed bumps, so I wanted to start an entirely new project with everything I've learned. I created a brand new project and added a single table and browse screen to ensure everything is working properly and I get 2 errors:

Could not copy the file .....\visual studio 2013\Projects\SBAR\SBAR\SBAR.Server\obj\Debug\Application.Server.dll because it was not found. When I navigate to this folder I also don't see it and when I try to build the app, rebuild the server, run it in debug or release mode it just won't work. This just started yesterday so I thought it could be a Windows Update or VS Update issue. Thoughts?

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Answers

• I found a fix, for now. For some reason the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server namespace wasn't imported automatically. Is this a bug?

HI dixiekid,

Thanks for your feedback.

As I know, in some case, you'll need to add "Imports Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server" at the top of your source file manually, the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server namespace wasn't imported automatically.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 20, 2015 2:30 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 2:57 AM

All replies

• I found a fix, for now. For some reason the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server namespace wasn't imported automatically. Is this a bug?
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:57 PM

HI dixiekid,

Thanks for your feedback.

As I know, in some case, you'll need to add "Imports Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server" at the top of your source file manually, the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server namespace wasn't imported automatically.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 20, 2015 2:30 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

I'm encounter the same difficulties with this error.

Angie, which source file of the project/solution you're referening to to add

"Imports Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server"

Thanks Bodo

Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:39 PM