none
BackgroundRemovalBasics-D2D replace background RRS feed

• Question

• I am experimenting around with the BackgroundRemoval Greenscreening of the sample c++ code.

Now i tried to replace the background image with another one. But i can not get it to load? Do i need to something special for the jpg images to work with the sample code?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:06 AM

Answers

• The image is loaded from the resource file not from disk. You need to update the code to use files from disk or you can update the resource file to use your image instead.

LoadResourceImage(L"Background", L"Image"...) in BackgroundRemovalBasics.rc

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:29 PM

All replies

• The image is loaded from the resource file not from disk. You need to update the code to use files from disk or you can update the resource file to use your image instead.

LoadResourceImage(L"Background", L"Image"...) in BackgroundRemovalBasics.rc

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Thanks for the Reply. Another question though: How can i change the Render Window to Fullscreen? I Only manage to change the Main Window to Fullscreen, but the Render Window keeps its size.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:38 PM
  • The UI framework code is independent of what Kinect for Windows SDK will give you for data. You will have to determine which win32 api's you want to use to create your Window and go from there. The sample is providing a modeless dialog:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645445(v=vs.85).aspx

You will have to change that to fit something more appropriate for your needs.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2010/04/12/9994016.aspx

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:53 PM
  • The code from the Blog does only enable me to switch to fullscreen when clicking.

What i need is something, to make the Rendertarget fullscreen as well. I have a Fullscreen window, but most of it is just gray and only a little part of it is used to draw on it. Changing the size of the ID2D1HwndRenderTarget does only change its resolution, but not the area of the screen that is drawn to.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:47 AM