none
How to use wireless Zero Configuration for Wince??? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Developers

I would like to configure WZC(Wireless Zero Configuration) for wireless adaptor using Wince 7 with AM335x BSP. If anyone knows then please share KT

??

Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

WZC or wireless zero config is no longer supported in WEC7. Depending on what you need , you may use WLAN APIs or NDISUIO programming to achieve results.

Native Wifi reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg159330.aspx

NDISUIO:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms892535.aspx

Regards,

Balaji.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:17 PM
  • Hi balajit

Thanks for response!!!

Our main issue is that our wifi module that is connected to the board is always getting 169.254.x.x series IP with DHCP enabled and our hotspot having 192.168.2.1 value for default gateway. Acc. to DHCP client server concept. The hotspot server should assign 192.168.2.x series address. But we are not getting that IP. That's why we want to proceed with WZC.

??

Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

WZC has no role here. Neither has native wifi got a role (which superseded WZC). This seems more like a configuration issue.

You may check the AP configuration / run wireshark to analyze DHCP issues.

Regards,

Balaji.

• Edited by balajitrv1 Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:57 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:56 PM
  • Hi Pratap, If you are getting 169.254.x.x, means your WiFi module not connected to server. In adapter registry you can make AutoCfg = 0. No matter about server network mask, client will add and get server's network mask and server allocated ip. Check registry setting first using remote registry, as adapter settings are correct.

rakesh

Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:10 PM
  • Balaji is correct, post your WiFi adaptor registry settings, that could help people to answer.

rakesh

Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:13 PM
  • Dear Developers.

Thanks for response!!

I have checked in the adaptor registry settings and there was no AutoCfg entry then I created one entry and I saw no change for IP. Still I am getting the same IP what I had mentioned above.

The adaptor registry settings are as -

Adaptor Registry settings

Friday, February 13, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Friday, February 13, 2015 7:07 AM
  • Dear Vinoth,

Thanks for reply.

Nopes, I have not tested the above links, I will test and reply back. But one more thing I would like to discuss that upto so far we never update WINCE7.

Friday, February 13, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Hi Partap,

Please refer below link for known bugs and fixes related to WiFi

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=38794

rakesh

Friday, February 13, 2015 1:24 PM
  • Dear Developers,

@Vinoth.

Out of the mentioned four links. I selected the one link according to my requirement as -

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2643022

After updating the WINCE7 I followed the steps but now I am getting the following exception-

84726 PID:400002 TID:3d10002 Exception 'Data Abort' (0x4): Thread-Id=03d10002(pth=9e42f180), Proc-Id=00400002(pprc=83c4f5e0) 'NK.EXE', VM-active=019c000a(pprc=9e41148c) 'shell.exe'
      84727 PID:400002 TID:3d10002 PC=aded93e4(rwlpsdio.dll+0x000293e4) RA=adedec50(rwlpsdio.dll+0x0002ec50) SP=aaedf038, BVA=adfb8a10

for some time I was thinking the issue may be related to H/W, but after then I flashed the older images and i confirmed that it was working fine. Now, the issue is above exception..

What will be the best way to solve the above exception???

@Rakesh

First of all good to see you on this forum.

I have seen the link what was shared by you. But, after deep analyses I observed that there is no information about my issue.

But Thanks for sharing the link..

Monday, February 16, 2015 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

What is rwlpsdio.dll. Is it the wireless NIC that you are running?. Is yes, then there could be issues with the driver itself.

Have you tried assigning a static IP to the wireless interface and could you ping the device on the wireless interface?.

This should be your first check to see if the driver is really working (if the send and recv handlers work), the driver handles packets properly or not.

Regards,

Balaji.

Monday, February 16, 2015 5:25 AM
  • Dear Balaji

Thanks for reply.

I am getting this exception when I inserted the Wifi module in the SDIO slot and after that immediately I am getting this issue. Now, the H/W is not initialized yet.

What is rwlpsdio.dll. Is it the wireless NIC that you are running?. Is yes, then there could be issues with the driver itself. 

Yes, this is the wifi driver dll. From my point of view there is no issue with the driver because the same driver was working with Static IP, before updating the Wince 7. 

????

Monday, February 16, 2015 5:39 AM
  • Hi there

I'm porting some wifi driver / wlan code from CE6 to WEC7.  The interface has changed from wzcsapi to wlanapi. 

My question is, is there an equivalent call to the WZCRefreshInterface call in CE6?

TIA,

Royston day

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi Royston,

WZC is not available in WEC7. Maybe the discussion in this thread will help you.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:21 PM