Drag and drop RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating a pos for a small restaurant and I need to be able to move command buttons around that I designated as tables or bar seats to simulate their bar and dinning area, I know I can do it in design view but I want them to be able to do it in runtime on their own so they don't need me to do it. Is there a way to drag and drop the command buttons to where they want them and they stay there went the form opens again? or store the left and top coordinates so when open again they stay.
    Friday, February 26, 2016 5:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've got a sample database that has a drag & drop form. You can download it at MS Access Professionals. You'll have to join the group to get the file. There are lots of other samples that you might find useful.

By the way, you can use a label instead of a command button as does the sample.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Friday, February 26, 2016 5:46 PM
  • Hi, Payfast

Here I try to understand your issue and came to know about that you want use command buttons like table and chair and want to move at run time. So here I want to tell you that we can add command buttons at run time. But it is not possible to move command buttons at run time. Access does not provide any kind of functionality. Sure you can do it in a design view but the purpose of that you can design your form as you want and after you finished designing it will stay on that place at run time to provide a consistent interface to user.

The other concept about Drag and Drop is that you can Drag and Drop your data in Access to one control to another but you cannot Drag and Drop control itself.

To get more Detail information regarding this topic i have mentioned the link below, please visit

information regarding drag and drop

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:36 AM
  •  But it is not possible to move command buttons at run time. Access does not provide any kind of functionality. Sure you can do it in a design view but the purpose of that you can design your form as you want and after you finished designing it will stay on that place at run time to provide a consistent interface to user.

Hi Payfast and Deepak,

Though Access has no build-in functionality, it is easy to move command buttons in a form by manipulating the position properties of the command buttons in one way or the other. The start positions and/or end positions can be stored in a table for use the next time.

In the same way you can increase or decrease the tables, color them, hide them, etc. if necessary.

Imb.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:12 AM
  • Hi Payfast. I believe you may already have your answer at UtterAccess, right?
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 4:48 PM