How can I perform performance runs of a set of tests and compare results across runs? RRS feed

• Question

• I have automated some scenarios using VS unit test frame work for a desktop application. I can see when running I get timing for how long the test takes.

What I'd like to do (using the test frame work or another tool) is run these scenarios before and after a performance fix and get an easy to read delta report on how much faster or slower each scenario got.

How can I achieve this with Visual Studio?

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

If you want to collect the performance for the test code directly. Maybe the Profiler tool would be helpful for you.

Like this MSDN document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh270865.aspx

To diagnose why a test method is taking too much time, select the method in Test Explorer and then choose Profile on the context menu. See Analyzing Application Performance by Using Profiling Tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:47 AM