none
Outlook Addin to Convert Attachments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'd like to create an outlook addin which looks at the attachments in an email, and converts them to pdf.

For example if a new email has 3 x MS word attachments, I would like to convert those 3 attachments to pdf.

Is this possible, or is there something already out there I could use?

Many Thanks

• Moved by Youen Zen Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:35 AM From Visual Basic
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:09 PM

Answers

• depending on your business requirement you will either expose button for it or capture itemsend event, and either open streams reading existing attachments' contents or download them to disk for conversion. For conversion itself you could either try built-in office conversion via office automation (saving as pdf files) or use third party components like Aspose
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:23 PM

All replies

• You are starting with one of the most difficult task, be aware that this will only go with MS Office Outlook, not with for instance live Outlook. 

An attachment is not a standard part of the mail protocol. 

Otherwise visit this forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I think you'll need to save those attachment first and then convert them to pdf.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:24 PM
  • depending on your business requirement you will either expose button for it or capture itemsend event, and either open streams reading existing attachments' contents or download them to disk for conversion. For conversion itself you could either try built-in office conversion via office automation (saving as pdf files) or use third party components like Aspose
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:23 PM