direct print asp.net report viewer RRS feed

• Question

• User-1907569630 posted

I'm using .rdlc report in my **web application**, exporting report to pdf & print it works great but now i wanted to print report automatically(i,e on click of print button.)

Is it possible to print rdlc report automatically?

Please help me,
    & thank you.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• User-37275327 posted

Clicking print button will raise the print popup window from the browser. That's the general behavior. I can not find a perfect resolution for your answer, but try following script, you will be able to customize for need. This works for IE but not other browser. 

http://centrilla.blogspot.com/2010/12/send-html-page-directly-to-default.html

Uncomment the sup print() procedure before executing.

Sunday, May 6, 2012 12:30 PM
  • User-8475372 posted

In your web application if you have used report viewer, then it gives an option of printing the report directly from the report viewer itself. On the header of the report viewer, you will see a print option for that report. That should solve your problem.

BUT, this has a serious flaw, the print icon only appears if you browse your application using IE only. Other browsers.. you wont be able to see that icon. 

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:19 AM
  • User-1907569630 posted

Thanks for the reply Srikanth but application is works fine in chrome & firefox, why i'm  using these browser means some of the .css file will not supporting in ie. so i wanted to print reports on click of the button itself. is it possible?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:59 AM