none
problem with WCF LOB Adapter SDK Tutorial ... RRS feed

• Question

• I finished all 9 steps of this "hello, world" tutorial: "Tutorial 1: Develop the Echo Adapter"

Then when I start step 1 of the Tutorial 2: Consume the Echo Adapter from .NET I get to the point:

In the Visual Studio Solution pane, right-click ConsumeEchoAdapter_Outbound project, then choose Add Adapter Service Reference to launch the Add Adapter Service Reference plug-in.

and I get this error pop-up in Visual Studio 2005:

There was an error loading your machine.config.  Please correct the error and retry the operation.

An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for system.serviceModel/bindings: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c99326bba1a5757f' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

Anyone else see this? 

The bottom of step 9 of the first tutorial is not 100% clear, at least not to me.  Here's what I put in the bottom of my machine.config:

<system.serviceModel>

<client>

<endpoint binding="echoAdapterBindingV2" contract="IMetadataExchange" name="echov2" />

</client>

<extensions>

<bindingElementExtensions>

<add name="echoAdapterV2" type="Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapterBindingElementExtensionElement,Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c99326bba1a5757f" />

</bindingElementExtensions>

<bindingExtensions>

<add name="echoAdapterBindingV2" type="Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapterBindingCollectionElement,Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c99326bba1a5757f" />

</bindingExtensions>

</extensions>

</system.serviceModel>

How can it be resolved?

thank you

Monday, November 12, 2007 3:47 PM

Answers

• Fix for this problem is available:

At step 9 of tutorial 1, the:

Change the assembly name to Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.

should be:

Change the assembly name to Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:09 PM

All replies

• Fix for this problem is available:

At step 9 of tutorial 1, the:

Change the assembly name to Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.

should be:

Change the assembly name to Microsoft.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:09 PM
  • This post shows how to install WCF LOB Adapters using MSBuild:

http://whiteboardworks.com/2010/02/installing-wcf-lob-adapters-with-msbuild/

HTH.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:33 PM