How o do the parameterization for the 100's of input xml in web services for .net application? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I am new to the performance testing using VSTS 2010. I have the prior experience on HP LoadRunner. I have one requirement for one of my web services in .net application. Where we need to use 100's of xmls as a input in the request body, where it will pick one xml for each request. In HP LoadRunner, I was saving all XML files on the specified folder and was giving the path like "BodyFilePath=D:\\Perf_Projects\\GCM_Acceleration_Services\\Script\\CreateOrder\\CreateOBSaopXmls\\XML_50\\{CreateOrderFromOB}", Where in CreateOrderFromOB, i was parameterizing the name for the all xmls. I wanted to know, How we can use the 100's of xmls in the request body in VSTS also. Can you please help me for the same in VSTS 2010. This is the one of urgent requirement for me for one of my application.

Kindly reply me here or my email id:- amitkumar.perftest@gmail.com 
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi amitkumar,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

It is a web performance test issue, am I right? If so, this forum will be better for this issue.

As far as I know, you could create the Data driven web test for your web services in VS2010.

Reference:

Creating a Data-Driven Web Test against a Web Service

How to: Add an XML File Data Source to a Web Performance Test

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, November 2, 2012 9:57 AM
  • Hi Jack,

thanks for the reply and solution. Yes, It is the part of the web services performance test issue. I will check with it and let you know.

Thanks a ton for your response.

Friday, November 2, 2012 11:37 AM
  • Hi Jack, 

I went through the procedure you mentioned in the above link . But here the both links i.e-"Creating a Data-Driven Web Test against a Web Service",  "How to: Add an XML File Data Source to a Web Performance Test" are suggesting for How to do the scripting for .net web services application with one XML file, i did not get any info that how i will do the scripting in the web performance test  for any application which has 100's of XMLs and it needs to pick one new xml at each request.

I am reposting my queries in forum that you have suggested.

Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:41 PM