none
Reading Pane setup issues RRS feed

• Question

• I had recently developed a form region that works as a reading pane view and had developed as an addin where the form region appends to the form as a Reading Pane only so viewers can see at bottom when viewing list.  See attached.

The main reason I had made the form region an append was due to the fact the custom form per individual would keep reverting back to the default contact form if I did this as a replace form regardless of unchecking the 2 inspector option in the form region wizard. Now I'm being asked to remove the default reading pane that shows above my custom reading pane (the one only showing a category) or at least lock the reading panes, so I was wondering if it's possible for me to control locking through my add-in, or if there's a way to replace the default reading pane while not overwriting the custom form I had already setup.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi jfalberg,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I would recommend some experts into your thread to see whether they can help you. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, November 16, 2012 2:26 AM
  • It's a shame I cannot seem to have only one reading pane for my custom form region while having a separate custom form for each of my items due to Outlooks design.

As an alternative, I'm attempting to make my custom contact form a form region.

On my custom form I have form coding which controls button clicks and formatted display fields such as the copy/pastable name & address fields so I don't want to lose those.

Not easy my being in a rushy position to get things done even if they don't want to hear my complaints.  here's how my custom form presently appears:

• Edited by jfalberg Friday, November 16, 2012 4:23 PM removed unnecessary comment
    Friday, November 16, 2012 4:15 PM
  • The only thing left I need to fix with my form converted into a form region is the c# code equivalence of the following VBA code behind form which opens a new email message using the given email address if exists:

Open_Email(Item.Email1Address)

Hopefully it's something easy but can't seem to find it yet.

Edit: following did the trick for me:

this.cmdEmail1.Click += new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlkCommandButtonEvents_ClickEventHandler(cmdEmail1_Click);

void cmdEmail1_Click()
            {
                if ((contactItem.Email1Address != null) &&
                    (contactItem.Email1Address.Length > 0))
                {
                    Outlook.Application oApp = new Outlook.Application();
                    Outlook.MailItem oMailItem = (Outlook.MailItem)oApp.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem);
                    oMailItem.To = contactItem.Email1Address;
                    oMailItem.Display(true);
                }
            }

• Edited by jfalberg Friday, November 16, 2012 9:32 PM update
    Friday, November 16, 2012 7:32 PM
  • Here is something which might help:

private void SetRecipient()

{

Outlook.MailItem mail = Application.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem) as Outlook.MailItem;

mail.Subject = "Sample Message";

Outlook.Recipient recipTo = mail.Recipients.Add("someone@example.com");

recipTo.Type = (int)Outlook.OlMailRecipientType.olTo;

Outlook.Recipient recipCc =  mail.Recipients.Add("someonecc@example.com");

recipCc.Type = (int)Outlook.OlMailRecipientType.olCC;

Outlook.Recipient recipBcc = mail.Recipients.Add("someonebcc@example.com");

recipBcc.Type = (int)Outlook.OlMailRecipientType.olBCC;

mail.Recipients.ResolveAll();

mail.Display(true);

}

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:34 PM