none
ADO.NET Entity Data Model in Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

When I add 'ADO.NET Entity Data Model' into VS2010 Project with the name 'NorthwindEntities', I see that when I go to the 'Data Sources' Tab and I can use that Tab to drag and drop Entities into WPF Form to create a data grid of a particular table or a set controls (displaying each column in a particular control).

I am trying to do the same in Visual Studio 2012 project, but I do not see the 'NorthwindEntities' in the DataSources Tab and I also tried to 'add Data Source' with the Entity Data Model but I still can not see the 'NorthwindEntities' there. 

Is there a different way I can do this or this kind of feature is not available in Visual Studio 2012 with Entity Framework 5?

Thanks,

Nick

• Changed type Nick Kaku Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:03 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:50 PM

All replies

• I found a way for this.

In VS2012, We need to manually add the data Source through 

Add Data Source --> Object --> {Project Name} --> {Entity/Object Name}.

Where in VS2010, these objects were automatically added to the Data Source tab.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:03 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I tested your problem on my side. I think it is different from what in Visual Studio 2010. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:19 AM