How to set a SVG as a background in a my metro App?

Question

• Hey there, 

1 hour now I'm looking for a way to set a svg image file as a background of my page / main grid in my windows 8 metro application.

I know how to retrieve the Data from a Svg file (and use it in a canvas), but it seems I can't set a canvas (where I could put my svg code) into the Grid.Background element.

Is there a proper way to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:00 AM

Answers

• Change the grid to a canvas, add in your SVG, and put a new grid on top of the canvas for the rest of your controls.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by T.Dupuis Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:23 PM

All replies

• Change the grid to a canvas, add in your SVG, and put a new grid on top of the canvas for the rest of your controls.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by T.Dupuis Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:23 PM
  • Ok I see, thanks!

My svg looks centered in Visual Studio but not in the emulator now. But that's an other problem.

Have a good day Matt Small!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:50 PM