Control to store scanned barcode? RRS feed

• Question

• User578929758 posted

Hello,

I am new to ASP.NET.

Currently, we do stock count in Excel worksheet where product barcode is scanned into the barcode column, the cursor is moving to the next row (of the same column). The process is repeated until all product are counted (scan with barcode reader). We can process 1 barcode in 2 second.

I am looking for a solution with ASP.NET to replace the process above, may be you can suggest or give me the direction.

Sam

Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:38 AM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

This question has very little  to do with Web Forms.  

First, read the documentation that comes with your bar code scanner to verify it will work with a browser.  Most bar code scanner act like a keyboard.  The bar code is inserted into the web page input that has the focus.  

You'll need to write a little JavaScript application that moves focus to the next text input after scanning a bar code.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:57 AM
  • User-2054057000 posted

I recommend you to read some barcodes related articles to get you familiar with it first. Kindly refer How to easily implement QRCoder in ASP.NET Core using C#

Sunday, August 11, 2019 5:42 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

This question has very little  to do with Web Forms.  

First, read the documentation that comes with your bar code scanner to verify it will work with a browser.  Most bar code scanner act like a keyboard.  The bar code is inserted into the web page input that has the focus.  

You'll need to write a little JavaScript application that moves focus to the next text input after scanning a bar code.

Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:57 AM
  • User-2054057000 posted

I recommend you to read some barcodes related articles to get you familiar with it first. Kindly refer How to easily implement QRCoder in ASP.NET Core using C#

Sunday, August 11, 2019 5:42 AM