How to view all the the content in Design view of app screen?

Question

• On a app screen with lot of content will be not displayed in Design view for Windows 8 app dev how to view it ?

Only I can see first part of the page and rest part of the page I can see a outline but content is not visible

Friday, July 19, 2013 12:37 PM

Answers

• This is currently not possible in the design view. However we are looking into building this in the next public release of Visual Studio.

Dev@Mic

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I discuss this issue with the Windows 8 app expert, the result is that you could open the Device Panel in VS IDE, and check/uncheck the option “Clip to display”.

Device window

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:49 AM
  • In the above image you can see the content box but not content in visual studio design view. How can I view all the content in the IDE ?

Vamsi Thota [Microsoft Student partner]

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Hi Vamsi,

I involved Windows Store apps expert to further look at this issue. I am moving your thread into the Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB  Forum for dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Hi Vamsi,

You should uncheck the "Clip to display". Furthermore you should be aware your parent control, if they did not set any Margin or height/width, this issue will still occur. 

And I will move the thread to "Tools for Windows Store App".

Good luck,

James He

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:32 AM
  • The apps which are horizontally scrollable , content is not displayed in designer view as you can clearly see in the screenshot above

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:01 PM
  • This is currently not possible in the design view. However we are looking into building this in the next public release of Visual Studio.

Dev@Mic

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:31 PM
  • I usually set the visibility of the controls I am working with to visible and set everything else to collapsed.

Hope this helps,

Hassan

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:16 PM
  • Hassan,

This helps but I feel its not a solution. MS has to do something about. Thanks for suggestion.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:30 AM