none
Cannot find .exe file in VC++ using SDL RRS feed

• Question

• So, I decided to make my first c++ game, using SDL with Visual C++ Express Edition 2010. After following a tutorial to help me setup SDL, I wrote a simple SDL program, but I had trouble debugging it. I thought the reason was I had syntax error, but even the simplest Hello World Program did not work. Instead an error appears saying: "Unable to start program c:\users\....\Debug\filename.exe The system cannot find the file specified"

I looked into the folder where my project was located, but there was no .exe file present. I kept wondering why I didnt have an exe file or if I needed to create one myself. I've tried reinstalling Visual C++ about 3-4 times, yet I always ended up with the same results over and over again.
    I also copied SDL's dll file to both sysWoW64 and system32 and my project folder.

I can't do any sort of programming because this error keeps appearing. How can I fix this?

Thanks
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• Dokugawa,

Don't know. You have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with question/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you delete this post and start at the following: 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

John

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:59 PM