none
Bing Maps fails WACK 3.0 for Windows Store App due to Direct3D error RRS feed

• Question

• Using latest Bing maps 1.113.0601.2, my Windows Store app passed WACK 2.2, but failed windows certification because WACK upgraded to 3.0. When I tried to certify under WACK 3, I get the following error.

• Error Found: The Direct3D feature level support test detected the following errors:
      • Application App was not running at the end of the test. It likely crashed or was terminated for having become unresponsive.
    • Impact if not fixed: Windows Store requires all applications using Direct3D to render properly on feature level 9_1. See the 

The only reason why I have "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Package (v11) added as a reference is so that Bing Maps can work.

Is there a workaround to this issue? 

Sunday, October 13, 2013 12:46 PM

Answers

• My app passes WACK 2.2.

Submitting my app to the windows store is rejected because "Your app crashes due to direct 3D error". 

Downloading Wack 3.0, I can confirm that my app crashes on WACK 3.0 due to  the Direct 3D error.

Threfore; Windows store is obviously using WACK 3.0 to validate apps for approval. This is why I am using Wack 3.0 - to submit my app to the app store.

I have officially given up on trying to make this work on win 8, and have spent the last week trying to upgrade my Asus laptop to 8.1 (I thought the same thing you did). My laptop crashes while trying to upgrade. 

I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:04 PM

All replies

• Which OS & VS versions are you using?
    Monday, October 14, 2013 7:23 PM
  • Sorry, using Windows 8 and VS2012.
    Monday, October 14, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Can you expand more on what happened about WACK upgrading to 3.0? I think you should be using 2.2.
    Monday, October 14, 2013 11:45 PM
  • I think that's the problem. When I use WACK2.2, the app passes. When submitting to the store for the approval process, It fails with a 'crash' reason. I get the same crash issue when I update my WACK to 3.0.

So, it appears that Windows Store certification (for windows 8 apps) is using WACK 3.0, and the Bing Maps API for Windows 8 Store Apps doesn't pass WACK 3.0

Seems like I'm snookered until Bing Maps gets updated or I wait for Win 8.1

• Edited by WhitePharaoh Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:54 AM clarity.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Still not sure why WACK would update to 3.0 in a Win 8/VS 2012 environment (I confirmed that 2.2 should be in use). Have you tried to build your app on Win 8.1 (with the Bing Maps SDK for 8.1) instead, and did that work?
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:00 PM
  • My app passes WACK 2.2.

Submitting my app to the windows store is rejected because "Your app crashes due to direct 3D error". 

Downloading Wack 3.0, I can confirm that my app crashes on WACK 3.0 due to  the Direct 3D error.

Threfore; Windows store is obviously using WACK 3.0 to validate apps for approval. This is why I am using Wack 3.0 - to submit my app to the app store.

I have officially given up on trying to make this work on win 8, and have spent the last week trying to upgrade my Asus laptop to 8.1 (I thought the same thing you did). My laptop crashes while trying to upgrade. 

I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:04 PM