none
Where did "Maximum translate errors" Go in BizTalk 2006 R2 ? RRS feed

• Question

•  

In BizTalk 2006 we previously used the Base EDI adapter. We have migrated to a new environment and decided to move up to BizTalk 2006 R2. In the previous EDI adapter there was a property called Maximum translate errors that could be adjusted to control the number of errors within a single interchange before the EDI processing would quit for a given EDI file.

The documentation I found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa559343.aspx  states that since the base EDI adaptor has now been deprecated in 2006 R2 and that we should use the native EDI and AS2 funtionality. My question is where can I set a value that controls the number of validation errors in an X12 EDI document so that the processing/validation will stop after a given number of errors occur??

What appears to be happening right now is that after some pre-determined number of errors occur during validation against an EDI Type schema, the message gets suspended.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Joel,

The EDI/AS2 functionality available in 2006 R2 doesn't gives control over the number of errors that are shown in case validation fails for an interchange. All validation errors are displayed so that they can be rectified in a single pass rather than going through multiple passes to fix all the issues.

Thanks,

Koushik

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:37 PM