Tutorial Question RRS feed

Answers

• You need to have the Type field selected before you click on Write Code as the menu contents depends on the current selection

Paul Linton

• Marked as answer by Missiodei Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:01 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Thanks Yann.

That's where I am running into a problem. I have the person table up and when I click Write Code button there is no Type_IsReadOnly method in the drop down.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:55 AM

All replies

• Here is where I tried to put it, but it doesn't like this.Details...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:29 AM
  • Where Paul refers to "middle tier", you put the static class in the Common project, as he describes "add a new class to the Common project". This is for the helper method.

The IsReadOnly method gets added to the existing Person class (also in the Common project), or you can edit the Person table in the table designer, then click Add Code & select the Type_IsReadOnly method from there if you prefer. Unless you're using the HTML Client Preview 2, in which case there is no longer any Common project, so they'd go in the Server project instead.

All screen-related code/classes go in the Client project.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:45 AM
  • Thanks Yann.

That's where I am running into a problem. I have the person table up and when I click Write Code button there is no Type_IsReadOnly method in the drop down.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:55 AM
  • You need to have the Type field selected before you click on Write Code as the menu contents depends on the current selection

Paul Linton

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Oh wow! Didn't know that. Thank you very much Yann & Paul.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:01 AM
  • You're welcome. I was about to reply the same as Paul, but he beat me to it.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:47 AM