none
[SOLVED] Cannot change VS2015 install location

Question

• Hi! Recently i installed Visual Studio Community on my PC. I managed to choose the wrong install location (D:\Programmer) and decided to uninstall it so i could change the location (to D:\Programmer\VS2015). However, when i started the install after uninstalling i could not change the location of the installment. It still says "D:\Programmer" and the option to change it is locked.

I know someone have had similar problems, but their solutions does not work for me. I tried to uninstall in different ways, went through the windows registry, and looked through my folders to clear out any traces of the previous install. Visual Studio however left ALOT of folders and files in the registry and i think it would be almost impossible to clear out every trace.

Maybe someone with a similar problem found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

- Vemund Fredriksen

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Found a way to solve the problem. at least for me.

Link: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/799e4bf8-dfa5-4fd0-98e7-c3e11a5ea009/cant-change-installation-location-vs-2015-community-rtm?forum=vssetup

- Vemund Fredriksen

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:17 AM
  • Hi Vemund Fredriksen,

Thanks for sharing your solution here, since this issue was resolved, would you please make your reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue to reseach and find the answer directly, and I could close this case for you.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:31 AM