how a client can get hub connection id of specific client using signalR RRS feed

• Question

• User-1461245458 posted

I am working on chat application, I am able to do broadcast message to all client,

but I want to send message to any specific client. I can get all connected clients hub connection Id, but how can I identify which hub connection id is used for a particular client.

So I want to store any unique data created at server side code with hub connection id when client logins. But I am not able to store any unique key which is in session from Controller to hub class.

I am using MVC5. Please suggest me any solution for it.

Monday, April 24, 2017 4:36 AM

All replies

• User-707554951 posted

Hi vinodkus,

From your description, you  want to get client connection id to call the special client instead of broadcast all clients.

As far as I know, You could use Context.ConnectionId in the Hub class scope, it means current client connection id.

More details, please refer the API guides:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/signalr/overview/guide-to-the-api/hubs-api-guide-server#how-to-call-client-methods-from-the-hub-class

Best regards,

Cathy

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:02 AM
  • User-1461245458 posted

Thanks Cathy for your response.

Actually I find my solution with another way,

Actually I had to pass any specific user information like userid at the time of login and make a connection with hub connection id. So that If I call any friend with userid then

on the basis of userid I can get his hub connection id and can call him.

But I have one issue how to check that some message came at specific client and message window will automatically open there.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:28 AM