none
Consumer Adapter Service for OracleDbBinding Issue RRS feed

• Question

• In my organization we use LDAP to connect to Oracle and we do not use TNSNAMES.ora file. Whereae the OracleDbBinding requires a Oracle TNS Name in Configure Adapter URI properties. Is there a way I can somehow give an LDAP connection string and not have to have a TNS file.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    The Oracle adapter in BizTalk adapter Pack 2.0 does not enforce the use of TNSNames.ora. You can specify the server address, port, and the Oracle Service name without TNSNames.ora.

Manas
    • Marked as answer by MMajeed Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:41 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:50 AM
  • Hi,

I guess Majeed is using BAPv1 adapter (from his last question on the forum). The solution provided by Manas is applicable for BAPv2 adapter only. We don't support the same (specifying the server address, port and Oracle Service name in URI directly) in BAPv1 adapter.

About using LDAP, we can consider this as a vNext feature, depending on how many people use/ask for it.

Also, you can export TNSNames.ora from LDAP directory periodically and use it. The procedure to do it is documented here : http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28316/naming.htm#i514370

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Gaurav

Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    The Oracle adapter in BizTalk adapter Pack 2.0 does not enforce the use of TNSNames.ora. You can specify the server address, port, and the Oracle Service name without TNSNames.ora.

Manas
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:50 AM
  • Hi,

I guess Majeed is using BAPv1 adapter (from his last question on the forum). The solution provided by Manas is applicable for BAPv2 adapter only. We don't support the same (specifying the server address, port and Oracle Service name in URI directly) in BAPv1 adapter.

About using LDAP, we can consider this as a vNext feature, depending on how many people use/ask for it.

Also, you can export TNSNames.ora from LDAP directory periodically and use it. The procedure to do it is documented here : http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28316/naming.htm#i514370

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Gaurav

Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:09 AM