none
Transport Rule Name and Transport Rule ID RRS feed

• Question

• Question: How do I get a list of the Transport Rule Name and Transport Rule ID?

This command provides a list of all of my Transport Rule names:

Get-TransportRule

This command,  (Get-TransportRule -Identity 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5) will provide the name and status of the transport rule where the Transport Rule ID is 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5.

Example:

Get-TransportRule -Identity 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5

Name                                   State    Mode        Priority Comments                            

----                                   -----    ----        -------- --------                            

Sender IP Address - D                  Enabled  Enforce     0        ...                                 

How do I generate a list of the transport rules that displays the Transport Rule Name, Transport Rule ID, State, Mode, Priority, and Comments?

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:10 PM

All replies

• Question: How do I get a list of the Transport Rule Name and Transport Rule ID?

This command provides a list of all of my Transport Rule names:

Get-TransportRule

This command,  (Get-TransportRule -Identity 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5) will provide the name and status of the transport rule where the Transport Rule ID is 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5.

Example:

How do I generate a list of the transport rules that displays the Transport Rule Name, Transport Rule ID, State, Mode, Priority, and Comments?

Get-TransportRule |FL name, Identity, state, mode, Priority, comment
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:18 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question.

I ran the PowerShell command that you suggested, however the PowerShell command did not return the Transport Rule ID Number.

Name     : Sender IP Address - D

Identity : Sender IP Address - D

State    : Enabled

Mode     : Enforce

Priority : 0

So in my situation I know that the Transport Rule Name = "Sender IP Address - D".

I also know that the Transport Rule ID Number, "1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5" corresponds to the Transport Rule Name "Sender IP Address - D"

Do you have any ideas for a PowerShell command that would return the TransportRule Name and the TransportRule ID Number?

The desired output would look like this:

Get-TransportRule . . . .

Identity : 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5

Thanks again for your Input.

Rigel

Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:05 PM
  • You can export transport rules into a .csv file. Then you can filter it out it's columns as you wish.

$file = Export-TransportRuleCollection
    set-Content -Path "C:\output1.csv" -Value $file.FileData -Encoding Byte

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question.

I ran the PowerShell command that you suggested, however the PowerShell command did not return the Transport Rule ID Number.

So in my situation I know that the Transport Rule Name = "Sender IP Address - D".

I also know that the Transport Rule ID Number, "1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5" corresponds to the Transport Rule Name "Sender IP Address - D"

Do you have any ideas for a PowerShell command that would return the TransportRule Name and the TransportRule ID Number?

The desired output would look like this:

Get-TransportRule . . . .

Identity : 1E5D5FE5-77BB-44B0-A0C2-97AC7D5EAAE5

Thanks again for your Input.

Rigel

Thats the GUID right?

So instead do this and experiment a bit:

Get-TransportRule |FL name, Identity, state, mode, Priority, comment, guid

Add or remove any fields you see fit.

You can get those by looking at one rule:

Get-TransportRule <Guid> |FL

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:22 PM
  • 10-16-2019

To Andy David and Udara Kaushalya,

Thank you once again for taking the time to reply to my question.

Using the command, "Get-TransportRule |FL name, Identity, state, mode, Priority, comment, guid," I was able to match all of the names of my Transport Rules to the Transport Rule ID, and this helped me resolve a problem of why a certain email was getting rejected.

PS C:\Windows> Get-TransportRule |FL name, Identity, state, mode, Priority, comment, guid

Name     : Sender IP Address - D
    State    : Enabled
    Mode     : Enforce
    Guid     : 1e5d5fe5-77bb-44b0-a0c2-97ac7d5eaae5

Sincerely,

Rigel

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:05 PM