temporary function? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to create functions in SQL Server 2000, but I do not have permission.

Is there any way to work around? It seems there is no temporary function.

Can temporary sp, or temporary tables help?

Thank very much!

-ZZ

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:20 PM

Answers

• You are correct, there is no #Temp functions.

If you do not have permissions to create functions, you will have to work with what you can do.

Perhaps a combination of #Temp tables, table variables, and #Temp Stored Procedures may allow you to do what you need to accomplish.

You are the only one that has the information about the data and the goal, so you are the only one that can determine if there are any alternatives that may work.

Good luck.

(And if you wanted to make a new post, including the table DDL, some sample data in the form of INSERT statements, a exact illustration of your expected results, we may be able to help you. Without that, we can't really do much. (See this link for help preparing your submission.)

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:28 PM

All replies

• You are correct, there is no #Temp functions.

If you do not have permissions to create functions, you will have to work with what you can do.

Perhaps a combination of #Temp tables, table variables, and #Temp Stored Procedures may allow you to do what you need to accomplish.

You are the only one that has the information about the data and the goal, so you are the only one that can determine if there are any alternatives that may work.

Good luck.

(And if you wanted to make a new post, including the table DDL, some sample data in the form of INSERT statements, a exact illustration of your expected results, we may be able to help you. Without that, we can't really do much. (See this link for help preparing your submission.)

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:28 PM
  • Hi,

I am wondering in the span of these past 7 years, if there now exists the ability to create a temporary or inline Function using DECLARE statement, etc.

I am using MS SQL 10.0.5500 server and I don't have permissions to CREATE a structure of any sort. 

Thank you in advance.

Monday, August 25, 2014 8:05 PM