none
Unable to verify domain / Free trial account

Question

• Trying to make the best use of my trial time and really give Azure a try, but keep running into the dreaded: "Unable to verify domain name. Ensure you have added the record above at the registrar 'xxxxxxx.org', and try again in a little while."

Yes, my DNS records have all the proper TXT and/or MX record entries. So my only recourse is to figure out WHERE in Microsoft's ecosystem did I previously have my domain name registered. Easier said than done.

MS says "Go fill out a ticket" yeah... I don't have paid support because I'm on a 30 day trial, so that's not an option at the moment.

I don't have O365, I don't have OneDrive for Business though someone in my organization _may have_ played with those at one time ages ago.

Any other ideas out there to figure out what's holding on to my domain name and preventing verification?

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:38 PM

All replies

• This is probably because the domain is registered in an unmanaged directory as an email-verified domain. Since DNS verification trumps email verification, what normally happens is that the domain is removed from the other directory, and added to yours, along with any existing users and the services they are subscribed to (via self-service sign up).

Unfortunately, some services do not yet support this automated move (also sometimes referred to as a "takeover"), and you will have to do it manually. Take a look at the "What is domain takeover?" section of the Self-Service Signup for Azure article for details on how to do this.
    Friday, March 24, 2017 10:13 AM