Unable to browse AzureStack SDK Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have azurestack installed but not able to browse the admin portal at URLs "https://adminportal.local.azurestack.external and https://portal.local.azurestack.external".  Browser shows me error that "This site can't be reached"

If I nslookup then adminportal.local.azurestack.external pointing to 192.168.102.8 and portal.local.azurestack.external pointing 192.168.102.12. 

But I am not able to find these IPs against any infrastructure VMs. Moreover, I tracert these IP then request reach to BGPNAT01 and then it send to internet using Host Machine Gateway. 

I am not sure whats happening. Can anyone please guide me in detail?

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The following code block will prompt for the AzureStack\CloudAdmin creds and launch Test-AzureStack from the AzS-ERCS01 VM. 

$CloudAdminCredential = Get-Credential -Credential AzureStack\CloudAdmin

$psSession = New-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-ERCS01 -ConfigurationName `  PrivilegedEndpoint -Credential $CloudAdminCredential

Invoke-Command $psSession {Test-AzureStack}

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Monday, July 2, 2018 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Can any one please guide me on this case?

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:20 PM
  • Hi Garry, 

Can you please guide me on this? As I am stuck on this case and not able to move forward as not able to browse AzureStack Panel. 

Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:48 AM
  • Are you trying to connect using your Stack management host (the physical host you've installed ASDK on) where you've connected to via RDP or are you using a VPN dialin? If the latter, did you try the former and see it succeed?

Other than that, do your Test-AzureStack results show any failed tests?

Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:41 AM
  • Hi, 

I am getting below error while running the command Test-AzureStack command on Host machine where AzureStack is deployed. Moreover, I have connected the host machine where AzureStack is installed  through RDP and then trying to browse Azurestack portal. I am not using any VPN dialin.

Test-AzureStack : The term 'Log-Info' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if
    a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Test-AzureStack
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Log-Info:String) [Test-AzureStack], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException,Test-AzureStack

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Test-AzureStack would not work as expected from the management host. Instead, you would need to follow the steps described in the documentation which basically boil down to

• start an elevated Powershell session on the management host
    • Start a remoting session to the Privileged Endpoint (PEP)
    Enter-PSSession -ConfigurationName "PrivilegedEndpoint" -ComputerName "AzS-ERCS01"
    • run Test-AzureStack there
    Test-Azurestack

The "Azure Stack Validation Summary" should return with all PASSed tests.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:23 AM
  • Hello,

The following code block will prompt for the AzureStack\CloudAdmin creds and launch Test-AzureStack from the AzS-ERCS01 VM. 

$CloudAdminCredential = Get-Credential -Credential AzureStack\CloudAdmin

$psSession = New-PSSession -ComputerName AzS-ERCS01 -ConfigurationName `  PrivilegedEndpoint -Credential $CloudAdminCredential

Invoke-Command $psSession {Test-AzureStack}

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks, 

Gary Gallanes

Monday, July 2, 2018 6:39 PM