tablet emulator mouse and touch - same?

Question

• heya

its getting close to the consumer preview and the availability of the windows store when hopefully i will be able to upload my stuff but im stressing out over a few things and need comforting.  i can not afford a tablet or any type of touch device so all the tablet based testing ive done has been with the aid of the tablet emulator with the emulators touch option enabled and using the mouse as a representation of my finger and my apps work perfectly fine so does this mean that if someone uses one of my apps on a tablet it will work?

the other thing is am i correct in saying the folloing is equal to a tablet function when using the emulator

keyboard arrow keys = tablet tilting left/right/up/down or left/right/forward/back whichever you prefer hehe

i know that a mouse click/hold/drag is or atleast should be the same as a finger press/hold/drag

thx for the help xx

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Amy,

You would need to implement keyboard controls for users who don't have an accelerometer. There is no automatic simulation for the accelerometer, and the debug simulator does not provide accelerometer information.

--Rob

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:49 PM
    Owner

All replies

• does anyone have any information on this please?

i was also thinking last night about how if i made a game which used the accelerometer gyro like the labyrinth demo how would desktop users who obviously dont have Accelerometer control that game?. i have played labyrinth on my desktop computer and the arrow keys move the ball but would i need to code both accelerometer and keyboard controls into the app in order for it to work on tablet and pc or are accelerometer controls converted to arrow keys when using the app on desktop and arrow keys converted to accelerometer controls when on a tablet its a little confusing

Friday, February 24, 2012 11:34 AM
  • Hi Amy,

You would need to implement keyboard controls for users who don't have an accelerometer. There is no automatic simulation for the accelerometer, and the debug simulator does not provide accelerometer information.

--Rob

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:49 PM
    Owner