hyperlinkButton in listview

Question

• Dear team,

i am trying to bind values in Listview with hyperlink button. but i am not able to bind the value to hyperlinkbutton. 

<ListView VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" x:Name="EmployeeRecord" ItemsSource="{Binding}">
                    <ListView.ItemTemplate>
                        <DataTemplate>

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                                <HyperlinkButton Content="{Binding Path= Slno}" Style="{StaticResource BasicTextStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="50" FontWeight="Bold" Click="hyperlinkbuttonClick" />
                                 <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=Topic}" Style="{StaticResource BasicTextStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="200" FontWeight="Bold"/>
                                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=Answer}" Style="{StaticResource BasicTextStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Width="150" FontWeight="Bold"/>
                                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=SelectedAnswer}" Style="{StaticResource BasicTextStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Width="150" FontWeight="Bold"/>

</StackPanel>

</DataTemplate>
                    </ListView.ItemTemplate>
                </ListView>
     Error at 

kindly help

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 5:58 PM

Answers

• Thanks rob,

i have changed the click event to listview to solve this issue.

• Edited by mann madhan1 Saturday, November 08, 2014 6:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Magnus (MM8)MVP Saturday, November 08, 2014 10:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by mann madhan1 Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:35 PM
    Saturday, November 08, 2014 6:53 AM

All replies

• It would help if you would post the error (not just a stacktrace of the default exception handler) and what the data object your ListView items are bound to is.

Your HyperlinkButton binding works well for me when Slno is a string.

--Rob

Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:17 PM
    Owner
  • Dear Rob,

this the following error i am getting. even though i used string object

sorry now only i  figured  it out the error point . it is  in app.xaml (contosocookbook sample code)

protected override async void OnLaunched(LaunchActivatedEventArgs args)
            {

Window.Current.Activate();  // in this place only 
            }

if i am using the Textblock instead of hyperlinkbutton i did not get any error message.

kindly help

Thursday, November 06, 2014 4:03 AM
  • That's not the error. That's just a rethrow. You need to look at the actual Exception object.

What is the data object that you are binding to? In particular, what does the Slno property return?

I confirmed that your HyperlinkButton binding works correctly for me when bound to an object where Slno returns a string.

Can you share a minimal repro sample that demonstrates the problem?

Thursday, November 06, 2014 6:30 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks rob,

i have changed the click event to listview to solve this issue.

• Edited by mann madhan1 Saturday, November 08, 2014 6:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Magnus (MM8)MVP Saturday, November 08, 2014 10:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by mann madhan1 Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:35 PM
    Saturday, November 08, 2014 6:53 AM