Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ttggaevx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1246604461 posted

When visiting this url: http://www.toptrouwen.nl/api/objects/json/?lat=52&lng=2&d=20&cat=2

I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ttggaevx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ttggaevx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'App_Web_ttggaevx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace: 

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ttggaevx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +567
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +192
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses) +255
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +1413
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +50
       System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +1172

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/RestServiceImpl.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ttggaevx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..]
       System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +901424
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +178702
       System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +107

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

The strange this is that locally it all works. 

What can I do?

Saturday, October 29, 2011 9:20 AM

Answers

• User2117486576 posted

Is this your site and you are asking how ti fix it?

My guess is that the web site is dependant upon that assembly but the assembly is not in the gac of the server or the bin folder of the web site root.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:19 PM
  • User-1269009881 posted

how can I find the gac on my server and local machine?

The path of GAC (Global Assembly Cache) under C:\Windows\assembly path.

Best regards,
    Peter

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:24 PM

All replies

• User-784583665 posted

the dll which you are referencing is not available so please add reference of that dll to the project and it will work

Saturday, October 29, 2011 12:44 PM
  • User2117486576 posted

Is this your site and you are asking how ti fix it?

My guess is that the web site is dependant upon that assembly but the assembly is not in the gac of the server or the bin folder of the web site root.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:19 PM
  • User-1246604461 posted

@gaikwad_anil: but it works on my local machine..
    @RichardY: I checked my bin folder (and my entire website folder for that matter) locally but I dont see this file. And how can I find the gac on my server and local machine?

Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:23 AM
  • User-1269009881 posted

how can I find the gac on my server and local machine?

The path of GAC (Global Assembly Cache) under C:\Windows\assembly path.

Best regards,
    Peter

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:24 PM
  • User-476191727 posted

If you are getting this error for a WCF service hosted within an ASP.Net application and Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ ---- getting error Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I got a article and solution to fix

http://www.infoa2z.com/asp.net/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-app-web-version=0.0.0.0

Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:33 AM