none
Help with media player. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there. I am recently trying to develop a advanced media player. I am trying to use VLC active X plugin for that. But whenever i get this error and I am not able to execute the program. PLEASE help me in solving this...

Sunday, October 2, 2011 10:27 AM

Answers

• According to the image, it looks like an error during the creation of the instance of the component based on the VLC ActiveX plug-in, as if it was not properly  installed and/or registered into your system: view the details related to this error message and verify the VLC ActiveX plug-in.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 2:34 PM
  • There is also a better way than using Active X to use VLC. You can use native VLC Dll directly instead of using COM Component.

Check this sample

http://www.helyar.net/2009/libvlc-media-player-in-c/

Developer
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 12:38 PM

All replies

• According to the image, it looks like an error during the creation of the instance of the component based on the VLC ActiveX plug-in, as if it was not properly  installed and/or registered into your system: view the details related to this error message and verify the VLC ActiveX plug-in.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 2:34 PM
  • There is also a better way than using Active X to use VLC. You can use native VLC Dll directly instead of using COM Component.

Check this sample

http://www.helyar.net/2009/libvlc-media-player-in-c/

Developer
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 12:38 PM
  • Hi sri_vathsan,

I am marking this issue as "Answered". If you have any new questions or concerns about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Min Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 10, 2011 3:04 AM