How to return 100 of object list in long running service? RRS feed

• Question

• User-467044538 posted

Hi,

I have an objective to collect 100 items in long running service that that return single result at a time. 

I need to develop an api that return 100 array of json. At now, i just can return single json result. Please help.

Thanks Masta!

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:59 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Give a high level overview regardless of any technical choice. A common approach even for APIs is to use paging ie each API call returns a page (and possibly a link that allows to get the previous/next  page). If values are coming randomly to your server (could it be sensor measurements ?), you also have https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/signalr/overview/getting-started/introduction-to-signalr that allows to push data from the server.

If you need further help rather than  a description of how you plan to solve your problem, we would need first to understand the exact situation.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:21 AM
  • User1120430333 posted

Frank420

Hi,

I have an objective to collect 100 items in long running service that that return single result at a time. 

I need to develop an api that return 100 array of json. At now, i just can return single json result. Please help.

Thanks Masta!

Where is the data originating from? How long is the WebAPI service running before it returns data back to the client?.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:54 AM